Photo by Jeri Ann Photography
Engagement pictures are done, save the dates are ordered, & I am officially past the 6-month mark. Before we send out our save the dates, I need to make a wedding website (I know, as someone who works in digital media, how have I not done this already? ha!) and mostly finalize our registries.
I am a member of a Facebook group called the Wedding Connection (let me know if you want to join & I’ll add you), it’s a group full of engaged and newlywed brides. I polled the ladies in there about the best wedding presents that they received and got some surprising answers. I added some of their answers along with advice from my mom below!
A Dozen Items That You Need to Add to Your Wedding Registry:
- Really nice bed sheets- I would suggest registering for two for the master bedroom and one for the guest bedroom. This is an investment that you may not originally make on your own but once you sleep in them, you’ll never go back to regular sheets. Here is a guide from Southern Living with advice about what thread count is best.
- A nice set of knives- Jackie recommends these 17 piece Calphalon knives.
- A splurge kitchen item- I chose a pink Kitchenaid mixer for this category and a lot of really fun attachments. Like this, this, and this. If a mixer isn’t you thing, then you could choose a Vitamixer or a Big Green Egg.
- Something for him- I still haven’t added this yet, but I think I’ll add some nice tools or a cordless drill. Definitely include something that will make him happy. My friend Laura registered for Star Wars tumblers for her groom.
- Dyson Animal Vacuum & a Furminator- If you have a pet, plan to get a pet, or your significant other is a package deal- definitely register for some pet care items that will keep your house clean.
- Nice bakeware- Be sure to register for quality bakeware that come with lids. Choose bakeware that you won’t mind sitting on your dinner table. Your casserole deserves to travel from the oven to the table in style. Corningware is awesome and Kate Spade has some cute options too. Jordan begged me to not make our entire registry Kate Spade.
- China or Christmas China- A lot of women have recently opted to forgo china and only register for every day dinnerware. As someone who loves the idea of hosting swanky dinner parties, I knew that I wanted china. I originally registered for this china, but then we found out that we would be inheriting the exact same pattern. (WOW! Right?) So now, I am registering for complimentary pieces & platters. If you are inheriting china, then you could always register for Christmas china!
- A nice peppermill- There is no spice that that I love more than fresh ground pepper. We like this mill.
- Insulated picnic basket- My sister got one of these at one of her wedding showers and I knew I would register for one ever since.
- Chargers / Table setting decorations- Don’t just register for china and neglect the rest of your table! Some nice chargers or some napkin rings can be used for years & parties to come.
- Kitchen Tongs- I almost forgot these! I think tongs are the most under-appreciated kitchen item.
- Nice leftover storage containers– I registered for these because they were glass (I’m wary of putting plastic in the microwave) and have lids.
Obviously, I didn’t list EVERY item that is on my registry. My list is 100+ and going strong. The items listed above are items that I forgot about or was told not to leave off my registry! Did I miss something major? What was the best item that you registered for?
Thank you for supporting the brands that support Southeast Stylist!